You are normally required to have a minimum 2:1 (or equivalent from a university outside the UK).
Degree Discipline – Any discipline – no quantitative requirement
GMAT – No requirement
Months of entry
- Specialise in one of the most exciting areas combining cognitive and behavioural psychology with finance
- Benefit from the expertise of two leading schools in Finance and Psychology
- Broaden your vocational knowledge and build a mixture of marketable quantitative expertise and soft skills
- Experience a practice-centred delivery approach including hands-on sessions, case based learning and trading simulations
- Study in the only UK Behavioural Finance postgraduate degree with a balanced curriculum in both disciplines
The purpose of behavioural finance is to identify and understand why people and investors make certain financial choices in a way that systematically affects market outcomes. Financial institutions are increasingly utilising behavioural finance in an attempt to understand investment patters and customer behaviours, hence behavioural finance graduates are in demand.
This is the first postgraduate degree in the UK with a thorough and balanced curriculum combining both disciplines. The study of finance and psychology progresses through the programme so that students obtain a critical grasp of core theory along with thorough knowledge, skills of application and analysis
Information for international students
- TOEFL (Test of English as a foreign language): Overall score of 100 with no less than 20 in Listening, Writing and Reading and 21 in Speaking
- IELTS (British Council International English Language Test): Score of 6.5 overall with no component less than 6 when attending the 6-week pre-sessional English course offered by the University of Reading. Entry to this pre-sessional course with a score of 6.5 fulfils your English language requirement.
Please note that students not attending a Pre-Sessional course will need to pass IELTS with an overall score of 7 and no component less than 6.0.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time9-12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Global Recruitment Team