- Undergraduate Degree – Minimum 2:1 or the equivalent from an overseas institution*
- Degree Discipline – Any degree discipline, but must have a satisfactory existing level of numeracy
- GMAT/Building Blocks of Maths and Stats for Finance course – We may ask you to submit a GMAT score if we think it appropriate in your individual case. For example, if you have been out of education for more than a few years or have little evidence of any numerical ability. For information on the GMAT and the location of test centres worldwide, please visit www.mba.com
Alternatively, you may be able to complete and pass the free online 3-week Building Blocks of Maths and Stats for Finance course developed by the ICMA Centre on the Futurelearn platform.
* Please note that due to increasing competition for places on our Masters programmes our entry requirements may change.
We operate a rolling admissions system and you are therefore advised to apply early in order to be sure of your place on our programmes. We experience high levels of demand, and it is possible we might have to close applications to some programmes once places are filled.
Months of entry
- Study for one of the most recognised Masters courses within the behavioural finance sector, affiliated with the CFA Institute
- Specialise in one of the most exciting areas combining cognitive and behavioural psychology with finance
- Benefit from the expertise of two leading schools in Finance and Psychology
- Broaden your vocational knowledge and build a mixture of marketable quantitative expertise and soft skills
- Experience a practice-centred delivery approach including hands-on sessions, case based learning and trading simulations
- This is the first postgraduate degree in the UK with a thorough and balanced curriculum combining both finance and psychology.
The MSc Behavioural Finance at the ICMA Centre, Henley Business School will give you a deep understanding of the world of finance, financial markets and the psychological factors that influence investment decisions and systematically affect market outcomes. Financial institutions are increasingly utilising behavioural finance to explain and predict investment patterns and customer behaviours. Hence behavioural finance graduates are in increasingly higher demand.
The MSc Behavioural Finance is affiliated with the CFA Institute. This is in recognition that this degree covers at least 70% of the CFA Program Candidate Body of Knowledge, the CFA Institute Ethical and Professional Standards, and other requirements.
Parallel with your studies, you will also have the opportunity to prepare for the CFA level 1 exam.
Along with a comprehensive Finance focused careers development programme you will also have the option to undertake a summer work placement as part of your studies.
Information for international students
Studying in a second language can be challenging. If your English language ability is below the minimum requirement, we may ask for evidence of proficiency. Alternatively, we may ask you to attend an English language course before you begin your studies with us.
Fees and funding
We offer a number of scholarships for UK/Home and International applicants. Please note that scholarship application is via the University of Reading applicant portal once an offer has been made. You can only apply when you have received an offer (conditional or unconditional). When you view your offer in the portal you will see the link to apply for scholarship(s) relevant to your offer.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time9-12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Henley Business School Recruitment Team