Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
A UK bachelors' degree with upper second-class honours or higher (or equivalent overseas qualification) in accounting, auditing or any degree subject with at least seven modules in accounting or auditing
Applicants with relevant work experience or professional qualifications are encouraged to apply. Accounting qualifications such as ACA/ACCA/CIMA also accepted on case by case basis.
Months of entry
MSc Accounting and Finance offers a blend of finance and accounting modules that will prepare you for a career in accounting or a wide range of other roles. Students can obtain broader perspectives through modules on audit, taxation, governance and corporate social responsibility.
• Unlike many other accounting and finance masters courses, MSc Accounting and Finance also includes a module on international taxation, adding an extra dimension to your studies.
• Our students also have access to the Bloomberg terminals for live financial data, as well as a range of databases and statistical software packages.
• Our graduates have gone on to work in roles such as auditor, trainee chartered accountant, financial analyst, management consultant, insurance underwriter and financial controller at companies such as KPMG, Zurich, Mars Chocolate and the NHS.
• This degree is accredited by The Association of International Accountants (AIA).
Information for international students
If English is not your first language, you will need to demonstrate that you have reached a satisfactory standard in an approved English language test.
The following scores are accepted for direct entry:
IELTS 6.5 overall with 6.5 in reading and writing, 6.0 in listening and speaking.
Fees and funding
Scholarships, bursaries, sponsorships or grants may be available to support you through your course. Funding opportunities available to you are linked to your subject area and/or your country of origin. These can be from the University of Southampton or other sources.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Southampton Business School
- +44 (0)23 8059 4393