Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
2:1 classification UK bachelors degree or equivalent.
Months of entry
Learn how analytic techniques are applied in the financial sector on this MSc, which is one of the only courses of its kind in the UK. You’ll learn how to use modelling techniques to inform sound decision-making, crucial in today's changing global economy. Southampton is also ranked in the World Top 40 and 6th in the UK for Statistics and Operational Research (QS World University Rankings by Subject 2021).
- You could apply for a summer project in industry, which will form your dissertation.
- Our students have undertaken summer projects with a range of organisations including Rolls-Royce, IBM, JP Morgan, and Lloyd's Register.
- The course content is regularly updated with industry experts, ensuring your learning is always up to date.
Information for international students
If English is not your first language, you will need to demonstrate that you have reached a satisfactory standard in an approved English language test.
The following scores are accepted for direct entry:
IELTS 7.0 overall with 6.5 in all components
Fees and funding
A variety of scholarships, grants and bursaries may be available to help you fund your master’s study, both from the University and from other organisations. Please check the website for more information.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Southampton Business School
- +44 (0)23 8059 4393