A UK Bachelor's degree with upper second-class honours or higher (or equivalent overseas qualification approved by the University) in a relevant subject with some element of quantitative study such as economics, finance, maths, science, management, engineering or similar. Applicants with relevant work experience are encouraged to apply.
Months of entry
This popular master’s degree provides a full foundation in key areas of finance, such as stock market analysis, corporate finance and portfolio management, that will be very attractive to employers.
- MSc Finance places a stronger emphasis on quantitative and analytical techniques than other similar UK courses.
- You'll have access to first-class resources and facilities including financial databases such as Bloomberg and DataStream and software tools such as Stata and MATLAB.
- Our graduates have secured positions at organisations including PwC, JP Morgan and Barclays.
Information for international students
If English is not your first language, you will need to demonstrate that you have reached a satisfactory standard in an approved English language test.
The following scores are accepted for direct entry:
IELTS 6.5 overall with 6.5 in reading and writing, 6.0 in listening and speaking.
Fees and funding
A variety of scholarships, grants and bursaries may be available to help you fund your master’s study, both from the University and from other organisations. Please check the website for more information.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Southampton Business School
- +44 (0)23 8059 4393