A 2.1 Honours degree from a recognised UK university in disciplines that include intermediate or advanced knowledge of economics, finance and statistics. If you studied your first degree outside the UK, see the international entry requirements.
Months of entry
The MSc in Finance trains students in advanced analytical abilities and technical skills in empirical finance and modelling. Students acquire an in-depth understanding of the financial markets and institutions both in the UK and abroad, preparing them for a professional career in the financial industry.
The MSc in Finance is a one-year taught postgraduate programme run by the School of Economics and Finance.
- You will learn the research methods used in modern corporate finance in order to understand the relevance of corporate finance theory in an applied work setting.
- The case study approach in core modules helps develop analytical skills that can be used in everyday financial measurement applications.
- Small group teaching allows a high level of student-teacher interaction, encouraging a warm and friendly learning environment.
- You will become knowledgeable about the functioning and rationale of leading financial institutions both in the UK and abroad.
- You will pursue advanced studies in finance and cognate areas, allied to a strong tradition of graduates from the School working in the financial community.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Secretary
- +44 (0)1334 46 2439