A good 2.1 undergraduate Honours degree in a closely related discipline such as finance, accounting and economics from the UK or the equivalent international qualification. Applicants with business experience are welcome, and the University may take work experience into account when evaluating applications.
If you studied your first degree outside the UK, see the international entry requirements.
Months of entry
Gain the skills and knowledge needed for specialist roles in banking and wider financial services sector, as well as the exposure to contemporary global issues and research in banking and finance.
The MSc Banking and Finance programme is accredited by the Chartered Banker Institute and can lead to Chartered Banker Status.
- The course provides an in-depth study of the theory and practice of modern banking and finance.
- The Centre for Responsible Banking and Finance (CRBF) exposes students to the research and work of eminent academics and business executives.
- This programme opens a wide range of new and exciting career opportunities as many financial firms and government agencies require an in-depth knowledge of the functioning of financial markets and institutions.
- The MSc Banking and Finance is accredited by the Chartered Banker Institute. Students who successfully complete this programme will achieve Chartered Banker Status. To obtain this status, students are required to choose MN5608 'Risk Management' and MN5604 'Financial Systems' as their optional modules.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Secretary
- +44 (0)1334 46 2200