A good 2.1 undergraduate Honours degree in mathematics, statistics or a closely related subject area. If you studied your first degree outside the UK, see the international entry requirements.
Months of entry
The MSc in Statistics prepares students with a strong quantitative background for further postgraduate studies or a future career in the private sector.
This is a one-year taught programme run by the School of Mathematics and Statistics, which is well equipped with personal computers and laptops, a parallel computer and an on-site library.
- Provides students with a broader skill set for entry into the commercial analysis market.
- Covers various theoretical and applied statistical areas at an advanced level.
- Provides opportunities for students to put their statistical knowledge into practice.
- Continual assessments and the dissertation enable students to apply their statistics knowledge.
- Students are prepared such that they may go onto to pursue research in statistics.
Fees and funding
The University of St Andrews is committed to attracting the very best students, regardless of financial circumstances. Find out more about the scholarships and postgraduate loans available.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Secretary
- +44 (0)1334 46 2344