Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
A good 2.1 undergraduate Honours degree in mathematics, statistics or a closely related subject area.
Months of entry
The MSc in Statistics prepares students with a strong quantitative background for further postgraduate studies or a future career in the private sector.
This is a one-year taught programme run by the School of Mathematics and Statistics, which is well equipped with personal computers and laptops, a parallel computer and an on-site library.
- Provides students with a broader skill set for entry into the commercial analysis market.
- Covers various theoretical and applied statistical areas at an advanced level.
- Provides opportunities for students to put their statistical knowledge into practice.
- Continual assessments and the dissertation enable students to apply their statistics knowledge.
- Students are prepared such that they may go onto to pursue research in statistics.
Fees and funding
There are a variety of funding options available for postgraduate students. For more details visit our website.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Secretary
- +44 (0)1334 46 2344