A good 2.1 undergraduate Honours degree in Mathematics, Statistics or a closely related subject area. If you studied your first degree outside the UK, see the international entry requirements.
Months of entry
This MSc prepares students with a background in mathematics and related fields for a PhD in Mathematical Biology or a research career in the biomedical sector. A wide range of topics are covered including mathematical oncology, ecological modelling, medical statistics, and population dynamics.
The MSc in Mathematical Biology consists of two semesters of taught courses run by the School of Mathematics and Statistics, followed by a dissertation undertaken over the summer months.
There is a growing worldwide demand for students with these skills in mathematical biology academic research, as well as in the life sciences industrial sector, including biotechnology, biomedical, healthcare and pharmaceutical companies.
- You will take a course of study tailored to your interests.
- You will be exposed to modern and relevant ideas in mathematical biology.
- You will be prepared to pursue a PhD and academic career in mathematical biology.
- You will acquire the qualifications and skills for a career in the biomedical sector.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Secretary
- +44 (0)1334 46 2344