A minimum of a second class Honours degree or equivalent. Applicants without these formal qualifications but with significant appropriate/relevant work/life experience are encouraged to apply.
Months of entry
The University of Stirling MSc Investment Analysis has a world-class reputation and is the UK’s longest-established postgraduate course in the field. It is also one of very few masters degrees in the UK to be recognised as an affiliated university under the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Institute University Affiliation Program (UAP). This acknowledges that the course covers at least 70 percent of the CFA Program Candidate Body of Knowledge (CBOK) and places emphasis on the CFA Institute Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice. The course positions students well to obtain the Chartered Financial Analyst designation, which has become the most respected and recognised investment credential in the world.
Our Investment Analysis students have successfully competed in the prestigious CFA Institute Research Challenge, winning a place in the UK Final in nine out of the last eleven years. The competition is considered the “investment Olympics” for university students, and requires participants to assume the role of investment analysts and produce a report on a publicly traded company with a buy, hold or sell recommendation. The opportunity to be a part of our CFA Institute Research Challenge team gives you a unique opportunity to test your knowledge in a 'real-world' scenario.
On this Masters course you’ll:
- study the use of qualitative and quantitative techniques to value investments
- develop and evaluate portfolio management strategies
- cultivate the ability to extract essential information from financial reports
- understand risk management tools
- assess macroeconomic and market trends
- analyse financial data relating to investments
- learn about the techniques used to value investments and to develop and evaluate investment portfolios
- analyse investment regulations and ethics
The course syllabus has a distinctly international focus. This reflects the globalised nature of financial markets and the investment management profession. Students on this course come from a wide variety of educational and professional backgrounds and cultures, providing a unique opportunity for the development of worldwide contacts.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- +44 (0) 1786 467297