- an Honours degree or equivalent, in accounting, economics, business studies or a subject area with a strong quantitative basis
- applications are also considered from those with appropriate professional qualifications and relevant practical experience
- for students whose first language is not English, get more information about the English language requirements for studying at Strathclyde
- you must be able to attend the introductory sessions in mid September 2017
Months of entry
The Masters degree in Investment & Finance is for those wanting to develop careers in areas such as security analysis, portfolio analysis and investment management.
The course provides you with a rigorous education in the theory of finance. It also covers the various techniques and analytical tools used by investment professionals in practical decision-taking.
The course will provide you with:
- an understanding of financial theory and analysis
- an appreciation of the nature of financial markets and institutions
- a good working knowledge of accounting principles and financial statement analysis
- an understanding of the techniques and concepts employed in the valuation of bonds and equities
- an ability to develop portfolios and investment strategies to meet risk-return objectives
- an understanding of derivatives – options, futures, swaps
- an understanding of the quantitative analysis and techniques employed in finance
For more information on the course please see the website.
Information for international students
Please see the English language requirements for studying at Strathclyde.
Fees and funding
For funding information please see the website.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- SBS Postgraduate Admissions
- 0141 553 6105