Minimum second-class honours degree or international equivalent in:
- science subjects (eg physics, chemistry or computing science)
- business subjects (eg business studies, accounting or economics)
Prospective students with relevant experience or appropriate professional qualifications are also welcome to apply.
Months of entry
Globally, financial tools, products and software are becoming increasingly complex and sophisticated. There's a demand for market-aware graduates who can demonstrate an understanding of mathematical models used in these products. The MSc in Quantitative Finance has been developed to address this need.
This masters degree is an innovative cross-faculty alliance between Strathclyde Business School and the Faculty of Science. It's been designed for students with a strong aptitude for mathematics, statistics and computing who've not studied these topics in detail in their undergraduate degree. The course allows students with different degree backgrounds to learn the necessary skills to move into the financial industry.
Our Masters in Quantitative Finance programme will prepare you for a career in financial engineering and risk management. Careers include roles as a hedge fund manager or financial analyst.
- a good understanding of financial theory and analysis
- an appreciation of financial markets
- a practical understanding of numerical methods in finance
- an introduction to programming for financial applications
- an understanding of the role of computers in business processes
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions Team
- +44 (0)141 548 3623