Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
You should normally have a lower second-class (2.2) undergraduate honours degree or above.
If you are a graduate:
- your qualification can be in any subject.
If you are currently working in the Early Years sector:
- your qualification can be in any subject
- you must be currently working in a UK school or nursery in an Early Years or Foundation class setting.
You must have achieved a GCSE grade C (or equivalent) in English, maths and a science subject.
Months of entry
Do you want to work with children from birth to five years old (including Reception) in the public and private sectors? Achieve Early Years Teacher Status (EYTS) in just one year with this Masters-level course.
Early Years learning primarily focuses on the following ideas:
- what constitutes ‘quality’ in Early Years education?
- equity, inclusion and justice for the pre-school child and the wider family
- ideas of communication, imagination, language and literacy, and provision for the bi/trilingual child
- understandings of early mathematical and scientific development
- discourses of nurture, care and attachment.
On this MA, there are two routes available:
- an employment-based route for people already working in an Early Years setting
- a placement route for those not currently working in the sector.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Course Co-ordinator
- +44 (0)1273 873870