Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
You should normally have a lower second-class (2.2) undergraduate honours degree or above.
Your qualification can be in any subject. At least one year's prior experience in teaching or education is preferable but not essential.
Months of entry
Do you want to work in teaching or management in the UK, or in international Early Years educational contexts? This MA is ideal if you’re an international student wishing to explore early years education in the UK. You’ll study both the practical and theoretical aspects of education in the zero-to-five-years age range. Early Years learning primarily focuses on the following ideas:
- what constitutes ‘quality’ in Early Years education?
- equity, inclusion and justice for the pre-school child and the wider family
- ideas of communication, imagination, language and literacy, and provision for the bi/trilingual child
- understandings of early mathematical and scientific development
- discourses of nurture, care and attachment.
At Sussex, we’re proud of our innovative approaches to teaching and education courses. We’ve got a network of over 150 local secondary, primary and nursery schools working together with the University to provide work placements for our education students.
We have reviewed all our courses to ensure the best possible learning experience for September, taking account of latest information and advice in relation to COVID-19. For updates on changes that may affect contact time, assessments, fieldwork and study abroad, check Course changes for 2020-2021. These changes are not yet reflected our online prospectus information and, of course, may be revised as the situation evolves.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
- Distance learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Course Co-ordinator
- +44 (0)1273 873870