Educational level may be demonstrated by:
- Honours degree;
- Possession of equivalent qualifications;
- Prior experiential learning, the outcome of which can be demonstrated to be equivalent to formal qualifications otherwise required;
- Or a combination of formal qualifications and experiential learning which, taken together, can be demonstrated to be equivalent to formal qualifications otherwise required.
Applicants who do not meet these course entry requirements may still be considered in exceptional cases. The course team will consider each application that demonstrates additional strengths and alternative evidence.
Months of entry
MA Design Management combines academic study with creative and professional practice in a project-led curriculum that draws on a range of interdisciplinary perspectives from business and the arts. The course will enable you to develop high-level leadership, management, communication and analytical skills for a career in the creative and cultural industries. This course is taught at London College of Communication, at Elephant & Castle, part of University of the Arts London (UAL).
What can you expect?
When you join MA Design Management you will have the opportunity to pursue your own design research project; work on real-life business ideas and challenges and team up with fellow students and collaborators from design, business, marketing and IT backgrounds.
The content of the course reflects current knowledge, debates and issues within the disciplines. You will interrogate, through practical projects, a range of perspectives including design research methods; design thinking for the cultural and creative industries; branding; the role of creative interventions in brand communications; trend forecasting; strategies for the management of brand experiences; design for social needs and sustainability; project management; entrepreneurship and innovation; change management; and design leadership.
Reasons to apply
- Study business and management from a creative perspective, within a world-leading art and design institution with strong link to the creative industries.
- Apply design thinking to real-world challenges; design collaboratively, engage critically and creatively with others and learn from shared experiences.
- An interdisciplinary course informed by theories drawn from a range of design, business and humanities and delivered through projects, crits and collaborations.
- Gain insight into creative briefs, target audiences and markets, by studying design management in combination with cultures.
- Benefit from diverse potential employment routes including setting up your own business, in-house and external design leadership roles, cultural positions and agency management jobs.
About London College of Communication
The communications sector is evolving fast. Through our world-leading community of teaching, research and industry partnerships, we enable our students to develop the critical, creative and technical excellence needed to succeed and to discover new possibilities and practices.
Our Design, Media and Screen Schools produce experts and award-winners across virtual reality, journalism, photography, television and sound, graphic communication, games, design management – and more.
The London College of Communication experience is all about learning by doing. Our students get their hands dirty and develop their skills through the exploration of our facilities and technical spaces.
Students work on live briefs and commissions, with everything from independent start-ups and charities in Southwark, through to major global companies. Student designers, makers and innovators have worked with Nike, Penguin, the EU Commission, Colgate, Plan International, the National Trust, Nokia and Royal Mail, to name a few.
Information for international students
English language requirements - IELTS 6.5 (or equivalent) is required, with a minimum of 5.5 in each of the four skills.
Fees and funding
Learn more at the funding page.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- +44 (0)20 7514 6599