Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
Applicants must be:
- A registered healthcare practitioner with a relevant professional body (NMC/HCPC) in the UK and have a minimum of three years post-qualifying experience.
- Working in an appropriate role that will allow the development of advanced clinical practice and have organisational support to undertake the course.
All applicants will normally hold an undergraduate degree, or at least 60 credits at Level 6 from a United Kingdom (UK) based university or equivalent.
Months of entry
This new course has been designed for experienced UK registered healthcare professionals, with an advanced clinical focus to their role.
This Advanced Clinical Practice Award will prepare you to undertake an advanced practice role across a wide variety of healthcare settings.
This course aims to develop your clinical skills and knowledge to an advanced level. This will empower you to practice with autonomy in your scope of practice and manage complexity in both decision making and clinical presentations. The course will enable you to combine expert clinical skills with research, education and clinical leadership (Advanced Clinical Practice ‘four pillars’*); specific to your clinical specialism.
*Multi-professional Framework for Advanced Clinical Practice in England (NHS 2016)
- The Building Blocks of Transforming your Professional Role
- Advanced History Taking and Physical Examination with Clinical Reasoning
- Independent and Supplementary Prescribing
- Diagnostic Reasoning
- Leadership Strategies to Improve the Patient Experience
- Implementing Improvement in Advanced Clinical Practice
- Independence and Autonomy in Advanced Clinical Practice.
Information for international students
For more information, please visit UWL website.
Fees and funding
For information please visit the UWL website.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time36 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Course Information
- 0800 036 8888