Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
Applicants should normally have GCSE (or equivalent) grade A-C/4 in Maths and English, a minimum of 250 hours of healthcare experience and:
A minimum of a lower second-class honours degree (2:2) or above in a relevant subject, such as medical, biological or life sciences or other health related subject from a UK university or an overseas equivalent.
A minimum of a lower second-class honours degree (2:2) or above in a physical science or engineering subject or social work and appropriate modules in biology passed at a minimum of 55% at QAA levels 5 or 6.
Months of entry
This Physician Associate Master's degree is open to those passionate about meeting the challenges of our modern healthcare sector.
We specially train our Physician Associate graduates to support doctors and medical teams in a demanding and fast-paced clinical environment. We will support you as you gain the clinical skills necessary for diagnosing illnesses, managing patients and providing high quality medical care.
- 100% graduate employability after completing our course
- 94% first time pass rate for our graduates in the National Certification examinations (2017)
- The opportunity to complete a clinical placement in your local community
- A full-time Master's degree completed over 2 years
- Our programme was the first Physician Associate master's in the UK
We aim to develop graduates:
- who are patient-centred Physician Associates
- who are safe, competent and reflective
- are prepared for the National Certification Examination
- with the tools for a career that will involve professional enquiry and health research
- to be leaders in the Physician Associate profession.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- 01905 855111