Applicants should have a good first degree (2:1 or equivalent) in any subject or a good 2:2 (or equivalent) and at least two years relevant work experience. Please note that preference may be given to students with some prior study of business management. If you are a non-native English speaking applicant you must provide evidence of your English language ability. You need to show enough fluency in all aspects of English (reading, writing, speaking and listening) to the required level of the course you're applying to.
Months of entry
***This programme is currently OPEN to overseas candidates. Applications from UK / EU candidates will be accepted throughout the admission's cycle, and will not be subject to multiple recruitment rounds.***
This Masters programme is designed to provide graduates from many disciplines with a broad introduction to all aspects of management, including: finance, human resources, operational management, strategy and information management. The subject is studied in an international context, reflecting the reality of the global economy in which organisations operate.
You will be able to specialise in particular areas of interest in the second term. The programme will provide you with the knowledge and skills to undertake a range of management roles in private and public sector organisations and we hope will complement knowledge and skills gained in previous studies.
Core module includes:
- Business Information Systems;
- Financial Management;
- Management of Human Resources;
- Organisational Analysis;
- Introduction to Strategic Management;
- Operations and Project Management;
- Qualitative Research Methods;
- Quantitative Methods and Data Analysis;
Plus a choice of 2 option modules:
- Marketing Communications;
- Continuity and Change in Organisations;
- Innovation and Technology Management;
- Entrepreneurship and Intrapreneurship;
- Philosophy and Process of Management Research;
- Case Studies in Strategic Management;
- Managing Public Finance;
- Strategic Human Resource Management.
Information for international students
York is a research-intensive university and a proud member of the elite Russell Group of universities. Information about international fees can be found on our website.
Fees and funding
Department and University scholarships may be available, please check our website for details: Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Administrator
- +44 (0) 1904 325052