UK upper second class honours (2:1) or equivalent - Bachelor Degree in a relevant field, such as: electrical engineering, electronic science and technology, telecommunication engineering, computer science and technology, mathematics, semiconductor physics, automation and control, embedded system, engineering thermal physics, and other related majors.
Months of entry
Designed in response to a growing skills shortage of engineers with a high level of training in renewable energy, smart grids and sustainability, the MSc Sustainable Energy Technology programme provides you with an advanced education in the fields of sustainable energy generation, distribution and consumption.
You will gain a thorough understanding of sustainability standards, various renewable energies, smart grid and power electronics for renewable energy and energy use management in buildings, urban design and other areas.
You will graduate ready to forge a successful career in sustainable energy technology, where recent developments have led to many job opportunities opening up in industry, government institutions and research centres.
XJTLU-JITRI JOINT-SUPERVISION PATHWAY
This programme also offers XJTLU-JITRI joint supervision pathway which leverage the strength from both XJTLU and the research institutes and leading enterprises of Jiangsu Industrial Technology Research Institute (JITRI) to promote in-depth integration between industry, education and research. Through the unique training model integrating specialised module study, industrial research practice and dual supervision mechanism, we aim to cultivate cross-disciplinary talents who are innovative, application-oriented and with high-level international perspective.
Please click here to find more information about XJTLU-JITRI joint Master education.
WHY SHOULD I STUDY AT XJTLU?
- Study in world-class facilities including a power electronics laboratory equipped with advanced experimental equipment, a sustainable energy laboratory equipped with a 600W wind turbine, two 270W solar modules, batteries, an inverter with sinusoidal output and main controller and an electric machine and power system laboratory
- Engage in cutting-edge research areas such as the intelligent and efficient utilisation of solar, wind energy and other renewable energy sources
- Benefit with the University's close links with international universities, research centres and industry
- Earn a University of Liverpool degree that is recognised by the Chinese Ministry of Education.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time18 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- PG Enquiries