UK upper second class honours (2:1) or equivalent- Bachelor Degree in a relevant field, such as: electrical engineering, electronic science and technology, telecommunication engineering, computer science and technology, mathematics, semiconductor physics, automation and control, embedded system, engineering thermal physics, and other related majors.
Months of entry
The MRes Low Carbon Electrical Power and Energy Technology programme provides you with advanced and systematic education and training in the areas of electronic science and technology.
Designed in response to the rapid development of electric power and energy technology in China and worldwide, the programme contains modules covering solar converters, wind power systems, energy storage technology and smart grids.
There is a strong emphasis on hands-on experience and practical skills development. A 12-month extensive research project is required which leads to submission of a dissertation after students have finished the taught modules.
XJTLU-JITRI JOINT-SUPERVISION PATHWAY
This programme also offers XJTLU-JITRI joint supervision pathway which leverage the strength from both XJTLU and the research institutes and leading enterprises of Jiangsu Industrial Technology Research Institute (JITRI) to promote in-depth integration between industry, education and research. Through the unique training model integrating specialised module study, industrial research practice and dual supervision mechanism, we aim to cultivate cross-disciplinary talents who are innovative, application-oriented and with high-level international perspective.
Please click here to find more information about XJTLU-JITRI joint Master education.
WHY SHOULD I STUDY AT XJTLU?
- Learn in world-class facilities with advanced experimental equipment, including a network analyser, power analyser and electrical machine testing system
- Engage in cutting-edge research areas such as intelligent and efficient utilisation of emerging electrical power and energy technologies
- Benefit with the University's close links with international universities, research centres and industry
- Earn a University of Liverpool degree.
By the time you graduate from the MRes Low Carbon Electrical Power and Energy Technology programme, you will have:
- an understanding of state-of-the-art electrical power and energy technology
- the ability to research and critically evaluate trends in current technologies of energy management, sustainability, renewable energy and nuclear energy
- skills in planning, project management and communicating complex ideas
- experience in conducting extended research and developing project work.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time18 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Enquiries