A good honours degree with the ability to pursue research in a chosen field.
Months of entry
January, December, November, October, September, August, July, June, May, April, March, February
The School of Modern Languages offers the possibility to do a PhD/MPhil in Hispanic, Catalan or Galician Studies. The School has a long tradition of excellent postgraduate student support. Depending on the chosen research area, students will be assigned one or two supervisors and are guaranteed full access to computing facilities (including translation memory software), library provision and all School resources including the film library. There is a dedicated postgraduate study area within the School which students are encouraged to use as often as they can.
Our academic staff in Hispanic Studies can offer MPhil/PhD supervision on a wide variety of topics, a selection of which are listed below:
- The Spanish Nineteenth Century
- 20th- and 21st-century peninsular literature
- Gender approaches to Hispanic cultures
- Galician Studies
- Catalan Studies (with particular expertise in visual cultures, film and performing arts)
- Nations and Nationalisms in Spain
- Hispanic Cinema
- Comics in Hispanic cultures
- Travel Writing in Hispanic Contexts.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions
- +44 (0)1248 383717