A Bachelor’s Honours degree with 2:2 in any subject. Applicants should be engaging in practice for a minimum of 20 hours per week.
Months of entry
Course contentWhy study MA Advanced Practice at BU?
- We’ve designed this course so you can study individual units, allowing you to steadily work towards a postgraduate qualification, flexibly and at your own pace.
- Choose from a large variety of units to complete this qualification, mixing and matching the units best suited to your development.
- You can sign up to one unit at a time, and there are various entry and exit points. You have 5 years to achieve all the units for a Master’s degree.
- This course allows you to show your ability to critically evaluate your practice and make evidence-based judgements.
- Integrate new and existing skills in a work setting while maintaining and developing high quality health and social care in your current workplace.
Please note: if you are a healthcare professional that wishes to consider an advanced clinical practice role please view the MSc Advanced Clinical Practice course.Course exit points
There are various entry and exit points.
- Postgraduate Certificate in Professional Practice: Complete 60 credits from our continuing professional development framework.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Advanced Practice: Complete an additional 60 credits from our continuing professional development framework.
- MA in Advanced Practice: having competed 120 credits at Master’s level, you will need to complete a further 60 credits in an independent study in service improvement project, focusing on an aspect of your professional practice and/or service.
You have 5 years to achieve all the units for a Master’s degree.
Information for international students
If English is not your first language, you will need IELTS (Academic) 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in writing, speaking, listening and reading.
Fees and funding
Please check Bournemouth University course website for the latest tuition fees information.
For fees and funding information, please visit www.bournemouth.ac.uk/pg-funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time12-60 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- +44 (0)1202 961 916