Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
A Bachelor’s Honours degree with 2:2 in any subject. Applicants should be engaging in practice for a minimum of 20 hours per week.
Months of entry
Why study MA Advanced Practice at BU?
- We’ve designed this course so you can study individual units, allowing you to steadily work towards a postgraduate qualification, flexibly and at your own pace.
- Choose from a large variety of units to complete this qualification, mixing and matching the units best suited to your development.
- You can sign up to one unit at a time, and there are various entry and exit points. You have 5 years to achieve all the units for a Master’s degree.
- This course allows you to show your ability to critically evaluate your practice and make evidence-based judgements.
- Integrate new and existing skills in a work setting while maintaining and developing high quality health and social care in your current workplace.
Please note: if you are a healthcare professional that wishes to consider an advanced clinical practice role please view the MSc Advanced Clinical Practice course.
Course exit points
There are various entry and exit points.
- Postgraduate Certificate in Professional Practice: Complete 60 credits from our continuing professional development framework.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Advanced Practice: Complete an additional 60 credits from our continuing professional development framework.
- MA in Advanced Practice: having competed 120 credits at Master’s level, you will need to complete a further 60 credits in an independent study in service improvement project, focusing on an aspect of your professional practice and/or service.
You have 5 years to achieve all the units for a Master’s degree.
Information for international students
If English is not your first language, you will need IELTS (Academic) 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in writing, speaking, listening and reading.
Fees and funding
For fees and funding information, please visit www.bournemouth.ac.uk/pg-funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time12-60 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- +44 (0)1202 961 916