Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
A Bachelors Honours degree with 2:1, or equivalent, in a required subject.
Required subjects: Health or Science related subject, e.g.: Biology, Physiology, Neuroscience, Biological Science, Microbiology, Anatomical Science, Physiotherapy, Diagnostic Imaging, Radiotherapy, Paramedic Science, Audiology, Nursing, Operating Department Practice, Optometry, Biomedicine, Biomedical Sciences, Medical Science, Clinical Psychology, Pharmacy, Sports Science.
Excluded subjects: Health & Social Care*, Health Sciences*
*unless adequate levels of biology have been covered in these degrees
Months of entry
Why study MSc/PG Dip Physician Associate Studies at BU?
- PAs are healthcare professionals who work to a medical model alongside doctors in hospitals or GP surgeries
- This course will prepare you to take a medical history, examine patients, diagnose common problems, perform procedures, and recommend treatment
- The Department of Health is committed to increasing the number of PAs in the NHS, particularly in general practice, so employment is highly likely after graduating
- Newly built skills facilities include simulated hospital wards and community home settings, allowing you to learn and practise various procedures safely
- With a blend of theory and practice, you’ll spend a minimum of 1,400 hours in a range of clinical placements such as hospitals, general practice and other community services
- Assessments will be used to consolidate learning throughout the course and in preparation for the National Examinations for Physician Associates.
To be eligible for the postgraduate loan and Academic Excellence Scholarship, you must enrol onto the full MSc route.
Fees and funding
For fees and funding information, please visit www.bournemouth.ac.uk/pg-funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Future Student Enquiries Team
- +44 (0)1202 961916