Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
A Bachelors Honours degree with 2:2 in any subject, or equivalent.
Months of entry
Cinematography is at the heart of film and television production, orchestrating camera, lens, lights and motion to create the visual aesthetic of the film.
This course will help you to develop key intellectual and practical skills that meet and exceed current industry practice and expectations.
- Study specialist production units, providing you with an environment in which to develop creative, technical, digital camera and lighting, narrative storytelling, and collaborative skills.
- Take the opportunity to be involved in research or use your expertise to suggest new avenues for us to explore.
- Through collaborative and individual production you will build up a strong and distinctive showreel, which you will use as your calling card to the industry.
- Graduate from an International Moving Image Society (IMIS) accredited degree, awarded to practice-based courses that best prepare students for a career in the industry.
- Learn from high-level industry staff expertise, whose research and industry expertise will equip you to make the most of the evolving digital marketplace.
- Take advantage of opportunities with RedBalloon, an award-winning professional production unit based in the Faculty of Media and Communication.
- Benefit from regular guest lectures from industry professionals, previous speakers include: Billy Williams - Director of Photography of Gandhi, Women in Love and On Golden Pond; Ben Steel - Director/Cinematographer of Hunted, NYPD The Biggest Gang in New York and The Gypsy Matchmaker; Sue Tanner - Production Designer for Downton Abbey, Cold Feet and The Dresser and take part in Camera Masterclasses including Arri, Canon, Panasonic, Sony, Red, Phantom HS and Olympus HS.
Information for international students
If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS 6.5 (Academic) with a minimum of 6.0 in each component.
Fees and funding
For fees and funding information, please visit www.bournemouth.ac.uk/pg-funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Future Students Enquiry Team
- +44 (0)1202 961 916