Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
A Bachelors Honours degree with 2:2 in any subject, or equivalent.
Months of entry
Skilful editing is at the core of successful film and television production. This course provides practical and theoretical opportunities for you to develop your narrative, technical and collaborative skills as an editor.
You will receive industry-standard training in state-of-the-art facilities allowing you to turn your ideas into reality.
- Our Learning Partnership with AVID ensures graduates of this course carry even greater relevance and credibility when it comes to finding employment, including the option of gaining AVID Certified User status.
- You'll be based in your own base room with dedicated edit suites, including extensive network support, you’ll have cutting-edge technology at your fingertips and build real-world skills through mirroring industry practice.
- The course includes a programme of visiting speakers from across the post-production, film and broadcasting industries.
- Benefit from our alumni mentoring scheme where you can receive advice and guidance from an ex-student who is currently working in the industry.
- The course team have professional experience in film and broadcasting as editors, directors and producers. Between them, they have worked for a wide range of major UK and international broadcasters and in independent film across a wide range of genres.
- Graduate with a production portfolio, developing your ideas beyond industry expectations, and produce evidence of your editorial approach, which will be your calling card for the industry.
- Take advantage of opportunities with RedBalloon, an award-winning professional production unit based in the Faculty of Media and Communication.
- Graduate from an International Moving Image Society (IMIS) accredited degree, awarded to practice-based courses that best prepare students for a career in the industry.
You are required to have your own Apple laptop with Avid Media Composer 6.5 or above. The Faculty of Media & Communication provides further technical tools to aid your development, including extensive network support and two Avid Media Composer Finishing Suites, where you will build your realworld skills through role-play scenarios of industry practice. We’re also proud to announce our Learning Partnership with AVID, a collaboration that will ensure graduates of this course carry even greater relevance and credibility when it comes to finding employment.
Information for international students
If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS (Academic) 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each component of writing, speaking, listening and reading.
Fees and funding
Please check Bournemouth University course website for the latest tuition fees information. For fees and funding information, please visit www.bournemouth.ac.uk/pg-funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Future Students Enquiry Team
- +44 (0) 1202 961 916