A Bachelors Honours degree with 2:2 in any subject, or equivalent.
Months of entry
You’ll have many opportunities for practical production across different platforms and genres in both factual and fictional filmmaking whilst enhancing your skills and technical understanding of film, television and transmedia production.
Why study MA Directing for Film and Television at BU?
- Learn from media professionals who have expertise and experience of working in the industry
- Work with the producing, scriptwriting, cinematography, sound and editing students to create a showcase of your skills as a visual, creative storyteller
- Benefit from regular guest speakers. Previous visitors include Hollywood Screenwriter, Misan Sagay; Ian Bignell and Katie Mccullough, of Festival Formula; Jutsin Edgar, Film Director; and Screenwriter Peter Fellows
- This intense course allows you to understand and manage the entire creative production process, from planning and pre-visualisation, through to working on location and overseeing creative post-production work
- Use your final production project to showcase the skills you've developed to mastermind your own collaboration and use it as your calling card to industry
- Take advantage of opportunities with RedBalloon, an award-winning professional production unit based in the Faculty of Media and Communication.
Graduate with an accredited degree
Graduate from an International Moving Image Society (IMIS) accredited degree, awarded to practice-based courses that best prepare students for a career in the industry.
Information for international students
IELTS (Academic) 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in writing, speaking, listening and reading.
Fees and funding
Please check Bournemouth University course website for the latest tuition fees information. For fees and funding information, please visit www.bournemouth.ac.uk/pg-funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Programme Content: Production Leadership and Management; Scheduling; Research and Project Development; Project Management; Production; Critical Review and Marketing.
Course contact details
- Future Students Enquiry Team
- +44 (0)1202 961 916