A 2:1 UK Honours degree or an equivalent internationally recognised qualification in management, business studies or a cognate discipline (with a large component of management related subjects in their degree). Applicants from non-business/management disciplines (and without any business/management element) will be eligible if they have a first class Honours degree or the overseas equivalent. Applicants with a lower second class degree (2.2) in a management; business studies or cognate discipline may be considered, providing they can show evidence of significant relevant work experience (minimum 2 years). Applicants with non-degree qualifications will be also considered who have relevant work experience (minimum 5 years) and will be assessed on an interview basis.
Months of entry
Award winning, innovative and forward-looking Brunel Business School is one of the largest schools at Brunel University London. The School is well recognised by numerous international bodies and features prominently in many league tables, proudly voted as the Business School of the Year in 2013 by The Times Higher Education Awards.
About the Course
Accredited by the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) and the Chartered Institute of Ligistics and Transport (CILT), the MSc Global Supply Chain Management is an exciting and focussed programme for those considering a career in Supply Chain or Logistics. You will study issues relating to the development of supplier relationships, operations improvement, procurement strategies, inventory control, logistics operations, sustainability, as well as contemporary issues affecting these areas.
The aim of this programme is to equip students with the tools, techniques and skills necessary to secure employment in this exciting and increasingly important area.
Specifically, students will be able to:
- Explain and critically apply theories on logistics and supply chain management, operations and project management, business modelling and simulation;
- Integrate theories and appraise strategies on managing supply chain operations (stemming from logistics and operations management frameworks) within the context of global business management;
- Understand the inter-relationship between logistics and supply chain management and contemporary social issues;
- Gain insightful knowledge into the development of outsourcing and the role played by outsourcing organisations
The programme includes a series of guest lectures, supply chain and procurement conferences, company visits and employability workshops. In addition, successful graduates can apply to become full members of Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply and Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport.
- One of the few supply chain Masters programmes in the United Kingdom to have received accreditation from the top Supply Chain and Logistics bodies.
- Includes a series of guest lectures, supply chain and procurement conferences, company visits and employability workshops; past visits have included site tours of Mini and Jaguar car plants, as well as visits from LEAN specialists at Rolls Royce and Wiles Greenworld.
- Tutors are internationally recognised academics and Industry Practitioners.
- Students will acquire a wealth of networking and knowledge opportunities to bring them close to a growing supply chain Community.
- The opportunity to present research to Industry specialists.
The Brunel MSc Global Supply Chain Management is one of a small number of programmes in the United Kingdom to receive accreditation from the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) and the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT). Students on this programme will automatically become members of these organisations and receive invites to Procurement and Supply Chain activities in and around London.
Supply Chain Management is growing in importance as a management discipline and we are confident that graduates of this programme will improve their employability in this area as a result of completing this double-accredited specialist programme
Information for international students
English Language Requirements: IELTS: 6.5 (min 6 in all areas); Pearson: 58 (51 in all subscores); BrunELT 65% (min 60% in all areas).
Fees and funding
Brunel University is offering an automatic Academic Excellence Scholarships to postgraduate students to the value of 15% of tuition fees for anyone who has obtained a first class undergraduate degree from a UK University, either in the UK or abroad.
Brunel International Scholarship Programme is an annual award run by the Brunel International office that is open to all international students. Its goal is to provide financial support to exceptional students. Scholarship holders will go on to represent Brunel as ambassadors throughout their time at the University.
Alumni concession - a 15% reduction in the fee for fully self-funding Brunel University graduates if full payment of the programme fee is made at or before registration
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Brunel Course Enquiries
- +44 (0)1895 265599