A 2:1 UK Honours degree or an equivalent internationally recognised qualification in management, business studies or a cognate discipline (with a large component of management related subjects in their degree). Applicants from non-business/management disciplines (and without any business/management element) will be eligible if they have a first class Honours degree or the overseas equivalent. Applicants with a lower second class degree (2.2) in a management; business studies or cognate discipline may be considered, providing they can show evidence of significant relevant work experience (minimum 2 years full-time post qualification). Applicants with non-degree qualifications will be also considered who have relevant work experience (minimum 5 years full-time) and will be assessed on an interview basis.
Months of entry
Award winning, innovative and forward-looking Brunel Business School is one of the largest schools at Brunel University London. The School is well recognised by numerous international bodies and features prominently in many league tables, proudly voted as the Business School of the Year in the most recent The Times Higher Education Awards.
About the Course
The MSc International Business is designed for students seeking to operate within an international management or international business setting, as well as a myriad of organisations and disciplines where an understanding of international business is an asset. The programme aims to enable students to develop a sound understanding of international business contexts and the ability to make integrative links across various disciplines. Some aspects of the course will focus on emerging markets.
Graduates will have the opportunity to gain an understanding of the impact of contextual factors on organisations - within the context of internationalisation:
- the management of resources and operations
- the financing of business enterprise
- the management and development of people
- the use and the limitations of a range of research methods and on the development of appropriate business policies and strategies
The programme offers training in research methods with particular application to the empirical study of international management situations, issues and process.
The aim of this degree is to provide students with:
- A programme in international business and management that will enable them to further develop transferable skills suitable for engaging with the challenges of employment/self-employment within the global economy.
- Comprehensive understanding of the processes of globalisation in the 21st century and their implications for the business person.
- Comprehensive knowledge and skills for successful careers in multinational corporations, non-governmental organisations, multilateral international organisations, international laws, and academic institutions
- Specialist programme directed at graduates seeking a career in international management/international business.
- Insight into the processes of globalisation in the 21st century and their implications for the business person.
- Elective module explores social network technologies and innovation.
- Tutors are active members of the Business School's Strategy Entrepreneurship and International Business (SEIB)
Chartered Management Institute (CMI)
A number of Associate memberships to the CMI are open to graduates of Brunel Business School postgraduate programmes, offering discounted full membership rates upon application. Members of the CMI may use the following letters as appropriate: Associates can use ACMI, Members MCMI and Fellows FCMI.
Information for international students
IELTS: 6.5 (min 6 in all areas); Pearson: 5 (51 in all subscores); BrunELT 65% (min 60% in all areas).
Fees and funding
Brunel University is offering an automatic Academic Excellence Scholarships to postgraduate students to the value of 15% of tuition fees for anyone who has obtained a first class undergraduate degree from a UK University, either in the UK or abroad.
Brunel International Scholarship Programme is an annual award run by the Brunel International office that is open to all international students. Its goal is to provide financial support to exceptional students. Scholarship holders will go on to represent Brunel as ambassadors throughout their time at the University.
Alumni concession - a 15% reduction in the fee for fully self-funding Brunel University graduates if full payment of the programme fee is made at or before registration
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Brunel Course Enquiries
- +44 (0)1895 265599