A 2:1 UK Honours degree or an equivalent internationally recognised qualification in management, business studies or a cognate discipline (with a large component of management related subjects in their degree). Applicants from non-business/management disciplines (and without any business/management element) will be eligible if they have a first class Honours degree or the overseas equivalent. Applicants with a lower second class degree (2.2) in a management; business studies or cognate discipline may be considered, providing they can show evidence of significant relevant work experience (minimum 2 years full-time post qualification). Applicants with non-degree qualifications will be also considered who have relevant work experience (minimum 5 years full-time) and will be assessed on an interview basis.
MSc Management (General Management), MSc Management (Branding and Marketing), MSc Management (Technology and Innovation Management), MSc Management (Creative Industries)
Months of entry
Award winning, innovative and forward-looking Brunel Business School is one of the largest schools at Brunel University London. The School is well recognised by numerous international bodies and features prominently in many league tables, proudly voted as the Business School of the Year in 2013 by The Times Higher Education Awards.
About the Course
- Specialist pathways reflect the distinctive strengths of Brunel Business School: marketing and branding, technology and innovation, entrepreneurship and research
- Emphasis on developing employability and career development skills
- UK commercial visits
- Optional 14 week work placement
Watch the introductory video with Course Director explaining the details of the course.
The Brunel MSc in Management has been in existence within the University for almost 15 years. The programme possesses considerable strengths including the existence of a diverse and international mix of faculty and students. Students benefit from research-informed teaching, as well as practical and professional support to their academic and vocational development.
MSc Management is offered in four specialisations:
- MSc Management (General Management) - developing a generalised knowledge of theory and its practical applications to business, public sector and third organisations.
- MSc Management (Branding and Marketing) - combining a generalist study of management with a specialist study of marketing and branding issues followed by a related dissertation topic.
- MSc Management (Technology and Innovation Management) - combining a generalist study of management with a specialist study of technology and innovation issues followed by a related dissertation topic.
- MSc Management (Creative Industries) - combining a generalist study of management with a specialist study of the media industry and media management issue issues followed by a related dissertation topic.
Industrial and Commercial Visits
A programme of campus events and off-campus visits linked to core modules and pathway awards to give candidates first-hand experience of business and management in practice. There may also be an opportunity to compete for a place on an overseas study tour - to learn about a specific international market first hand through corporate visits and presentations.
MSc Management with 14 weeks Work Placement (Optional)
The MSc Management (with Professional Practice) incoporates an optional work placement component of 14 weeks allowing students to experience working in the UK.
Chartered Management Institute (CMI)
A number of Associate memberships to the CMI are open to graduates of Brunel Business School postgraduate programmes, offering discounted full membership rates upon application. Members of the CMI may use the following letters as appropriate: Associates can use ACMI, Members MCMI and Fellows FCMI.
Information for international students
IELTS: 6.5 (min 6 in all areas); Pearson: 58 (51 in all subscores); BrunELT 65% (min 60% in all areas). For further information on language requirements visit the Brunel International website.
Fees and funding
Brunel University is offering an automatic Academic Excellence Scholarships to postgraduate students to the value of 15% of tuition fees for anyone who has obtained a first class undergraduate degree from a UK University, either in the UK or abroad.
Brunel International Scholarship Programme is an annual award run by the Brunel International office that is open to all international students. Its goal is to provide financial support to exceptional students. Scholarship holders will go on to represent Brunel as ambassadors throughout their time at the University.
Alumni concession - a 15% reduction in the fee for fully self-funding Brunel University graduates if full payment of the programme fee is made at or before registration
Qualification and course duration
MSc (with Professional Practice)
Course contact details
- Brunel Course Enquiries
- +44 (0)1895 265599