A UK first or second class Honours degree or equivalent internationally recognised qualification in Power Systems; Electrical or Electronic Engineering or a closely related discipline. Applicants with Physics or Mathematics subjects with a minimum 3 years relevant work experience will be considered on an individual basis. Entry criteria are subject to review and change each academic year.
Months of entry
This MSc programme in Sustainable Electrical Power aims to produce graduates capable of leading teams which will operate, control, design, regulate and manage the power systems and networks of the future.
The course equips graduates with the ability to critically evaluate methodologies, analytical procedures and research methods in:
- Power system engineering – using state-of-the-art computational tools and methods.
- Design of sustainable electrical power systems and networks.
- Regulatory frameworks for, and operation of, power systems and electricity markets.
The programme features practical workshops and the option of an industry-based dissertation. Students benefit from our high performance lab and computing facilities, including a grid-enabled cluster of processors. We’re also home to a world leading research group, the Brunel Institute of Power Systems.
Sustainable energy is a vital, growing sector and this newly designed MSc programme meets industry’s demand for engineers with advanced knowledge of sustainable electrical power and energy generation systems.
The course is suitable for:
- Graduates in power or electrical engineering, physical sciences, or related disciplines who aspire to work in the electrical power industry, especially within the renewable energy sector.
- Industrially experienced graduate engineers and managers who recognise the importance of developing new analytical and critical skills, and state-of-the-art methodologies associated with the development sustainable electrical power systems.
Sustainable Electrical Power is accredited by both the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) and the Energy Institute (EI).
Information for international students
English Language Requirements: IELTS: 6 (min 5.5 in all areas); Pearson: 51 (51 in all subscores); BrunELT: 60% (min 55% in all areas).
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Brunel Course Enquiries