A 2:2 (or above) UK Honours degree, or equivalent internationally recognised qualification, in an engineering; appropriate science or technology subject. Other qualifications and relevant experience will be assessed on an individual basis.
Months of entry
This programme responds to the worldwide demand for building services engineers who have a sound knowledge of engineering principles and the ability to apply this knowledge within the building services industry.
Professional ‘Building Services Engineers’ design all of the systems that are necessary in a building for occupants to carry out their business. These systems include: heating, lighting, air-conditioning and electrical systems. The role is increasingly involved with the provision of sustainable, energy efficient and green building within our society. Services have to be carefully designed and installed so that they are unobtrusive and aesthetically pleasing, and also work in harmony with the architecture of the building. The programme will respond to the worldwide demand for building services engineers who have a sound knowledge engineering principles and the ability to apply this knowledge to the complex situations prevailing within the building services industry.
With the growing complexity of engineering services in modern buildings and the significance of energy conservation and emissions control, the role of the building services engineer is becoming increasingly important.
As an interdisciplinary profession that involves the specification, design, installation and management of all the engineering services associated with the built environment, comfort and function also need to be combined – which calls for engineers with a wide range of knowledge and skills.
This MSc programme is suitable for:
- Recent engineering and technology graduates, moving into building services and related disciplines.
- Established engineers and technologists, working in building services and faced with the challenge of new areas of responsibility.
- Engineers who want to develop technical understanding and expertise across the multi-disciplines of building services engineering.
- Managers and designers, who need to broaden their experience and require updating.
- Lecturers in higher education, moving into or requiring updating in building services engineering.
- Others with engineering and technology backgrounds, perhaps working in advisory or consultancy roles, who wish to familiarise themselves with building services engineering. However, choice of course will be dependent upon the type and extent of knowledge and skills required.
Information for international students
English language requirements
- IELTS: 6 (min 5.5 in all areas)
- Pearson: 51 (51 in all subscores)
- BrunELT: 60% (min 55% in all areas)
Fees and funding
Learn more at the postgraduate funding page.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- +44 (0)1895 265599