A 2:2 (or above) UK Honours degree, or equivalent internationally recognised qualification, in an engineering; appropriate science or technology subject. Other qualifications and relevant experience will be assessed on an individual basis.
Months of entry
This course is aimed at professional engineers aspiring to increased management responsibility in the building services sector or who have reached a stage in their careers when they are carrying increasing management responsibility.
It caters to the worldwide demand for building services engineering managers who have a sound knowledge of engineering and management principles – and the ability to apply this knowledge to complex situations.
Management modules cover engineering finance and accounting, people management, business organisation and facilities and contract management.
Building Service Engineers help buildings to deliver on their potential by working with architects and construction engineers to produce buildings that offer the functionality and comfort we expect, with the minimum impact on our environment. They design the lighting appropriate for the space, the heating, cooling, ventilation and all systems that ensure comfort, health and safety in all types of buildings, residential commercial and industrial.
Building services engineering is an interdisciplinary profession. It involves the specification, design, installation and management of all the engineering services associated with the built environment.
With the growing complexity of engineering services in modern buildings and the significance of energy conservation and pollution control, the role of the building services engineer is becoming increasingly important.
As an interdisciplinary profession that involves the specification, design, installation and management of all the engineering services associated with the built environment, comfort and function also need to be combined – which calls for engineers with a wide range of knowledge and skills.
This MSc programme is for:
- Recent engineering and technology graduates, moving into building services and related disciplines.
- Established engineers and technologists, working in building services and faced with the challenge of new areas of responsibility.
- Engineers who want to develop technical understanding and expertise across the multi-disciplines of building services engineering.
- Managers and designers, who need to broaden their experience and require updating.
- Lecturers in higher education, moving into or requiring updating in building services engineering.
- Others with engineering and technology backgrounds, perhaps working in advisory or consultancy roles, who wish to familiarise themselves with building services engineering. However, choice of course will be dependent upon the type and extent of knowledge and skills required.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- +44 (0)1895 265599