Students applying to pursue a specialist PhD in Economics must have a masters’ degree in Economics (or its equivalent) and an interest in pursuing in-depth research in an appropriate area.
Months of entry
This 4-year programme includes 2 years of research training (MSc Economics and MRes in Advanced Economics).
We offer a full range of expertise, but the following areas are of particular strength:
- Labour Economics
- Macroeconomic Theory and Applications
- Regional Economics (especially Wales)
- International Trade and Finance
- Econometrics, Theory and Forecasting
- Economic History
Information for international students
Applicants whose first language is not English are normally expected to have reached a minimum IELTS score of 7.0 (writing scored 7.0, with no subscore less than 6.5).
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time48 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Enquiries
- +44 (0)29 2087 0084