Suitable for graduates with an upper second class Honours degree, or higher, in either Economics, Mathematical Economics, Econometrics, Finance, or Financial Engineering. Applications will be considered from recent graduates with a good Honours degree or equivalent from an approved university.
Months of entry
To offer knowledge and expertise for a career in fund management, stock-broking, investment banking, corporate treasury and other financial sector roles.Special Features
- You will be exposed to recent developments in research and will develop a sophisticated understanding of modern theories and research findings.
- You will be able to organise, interpret and analyse financial datasets using many of the latest econometric research techniques.
- You will be able to illustrate the workings of options, futures, and other derivative securities and be familiar with modern methods of risk management.
- The school’s trading room gives students the practical experience needed to fully understand the Stock Exchange.
- Student are offered the opportunity to gain a professional Thomson Reuters Certification qualification, free of charge, putting them ahead in the career marketplace.
For more information please click here.
Information for international students
Applicants whose first language is not English will be required to pass an IELTS exam, obtaining a minimum score of 6.5 with a minimum of 5.5 in each subscore.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions Office, Cardiff Business School
- +44 (0)29 2087 6953