Candidates will normally have a 2:1 degree (GPA 3.0/4.0) at undergraduate level in Marketing, Business or Management, from a recognised institution, which must contain a minimum of 3 marketing modules (e.g. principles of marketing, marketing communications, consumer behaviour, relationship marketing). Candidates are expected to have a basic knowledge of mathematics.
Non-graduates with approved professional qualifications or work experience may also be considered.
Months of entry
The MSc in Strategic Marketing is designed to provide you with the foundation for a successful career in marketing.
You will study modules which cover the fundamentals of marketing including strategic marketing management, behavioural aspects of marketing, research in strategic marketing, integrated marketing communications, measuring marketing effectiveness, marketing and society, international marketing and digital media marketing.
Once you have completed the taught modules you will embark upon a Marketing Project working with a real organisation. The Marketing Project gives you the chance to apply the knowledge and skills gained in the taught modules to address a live marketing issue and to present possible solutions.
The course is designed to be relevant to a wide range of students from both developed and developing countries with career aspirations in a wide variety of marketing situations.
It provides you with expertise in all aspects of strategic marketing and is excellent preliminary training for those who wish to pursue further research for a PhD with a view to an academic or similar research-orientated career.
This degree has been awarded the CIM ‘Graduate Gateway’ status; this accreditation provides our students with an opportunity to gain a module exemption from both the CIM Certificate in Professional Marketing and Diploma in Professional Marketing having only to complete two modules instead of three.
- You will be part of a community which is committed to delivering social improvement alongside economic development in the world’s first Public Value Business School.
- You will study at a Business School ranked 1st in the UK for research environment and 6th for research excellence (REF 2014).
- You will be a student of the only business school in Wales accredited by AACSB international (and one of only 5% worldwide).
- A live Marketing Project working with an organisation gives you the chance to apply their knowledge and skills to a real-life marketing issue.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Enquiries