For entry requirements, please visit our website.
Months of entry
Taught by experts in Statistics, Operational Research and Computer Science, this programme will help students develop both the theoretical understanding and practical experience of applying methods drawn from data science and analytics with a specific focus on their application within Government and public service. This will equip students with a range of in-demand skills for extracting and handling ‘big data’, discovering and communicating meaningful patterns from the data, and applying modelling tools to help businesses and government organisations make better decisions.
This programme has been designed so that it can meet the continuing education and training needs of those who work with data in Government.
A wide portfolio of modules is offered in order to recognise the wide range of interests and applications of data analytics within Government and public sector organisations. Specific guidance is offered to students with a desire to focus in particular subject themes or areas.
- Acquire transferable data science and analytics skills that are highly sought after in a broad range of sectors
- Taught within the Data Science Academy at Cardiff University, a cross-disciplinary industry-informed facility delivering postgraduate teaching in data science, artificial intelligence and cybersecurity.
- Learn from experts across the School of Computer Science and Informatics and the School of Mathematics, and related University research groups specialising in various applications of data science and analytics such as the Data Innovation Research Institute, Social Data Science lab, and Health Modelling Centre Cymru
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions Team
- +44 (0)29 2087 4813