For entry requirements for this course, please visit our website: https://www.cardiff.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/taught/courses/course/astrophysics-msc
Months of entry
Our MSc in Astrophysics is a full-time degree course which aims to provide specialist training and an edge in a highly competitive recruitment market to students who wish to work in the field of astrophysics. On the course, we will cover theoretical, observational and instrumental areas in astrophysics and other scientific disciplines. We encourage you to develop a critical awareness of current research problems and new insights at the forefront of astronomy and astrophysics. We will also discuss the working context of the modern astrophysicist, including the safety, ethical, and research environments.
On completing the course students should be able to pursue a career in academic research, physical science industrial practice, research and development, or in other highly-skilled numerate careers.Distinctive features
- Tailor the course to your interests with our broad range of optional modules.
- Benefit from our School-based facilities including laboratories and computing facilities.
- Research-led MSc programme, with taught components delivered by experts in their field.
- You will be part of the School’s postgraduate community and will have the support of a personal tutor.
- The high level analytical and numeracy skills that are the basis of this course will open up opportunities in a wide range of professions.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions Team
- +44 (0)29 2087 6457