For entry requirements for this course, please visit our website: https://www.cardiff.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/taught/courses/course/physics-msc
Months of entry
Our MSc in Physics is a full-time degree which aims to provide comprehensive general, transferable and specialist skills training and hands-on experience. On the course, you will cover theoretical and experimental physics along with advanced areas of application. We encourage you to develop critical awareness of current research problems and new insights at the forefront of physics. We will also discuss the context of the modern physicist and safety, ethical, environmental and social issues in a working environment.
On completing the course, you should possess the knowledge and skills required to pursue a career in academic research, physical science industrial practice, research and development, or in other highly-skilled numerate careers.Distinctive features
The MSc programme is both research-lead and research-informed:
- Taught modules delivered by world-class researchers.
- Experimental and theoretical summer research projects based either at our excellent research facilities or in placement with one of our industrial partners.
- Innovative course design with dedicated teaching and learning support delivered by our specialist Teaching and Scholarship team.
- The option to tailor the course to your interests with our broad range of optional modules.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions Team
- +44 (0)29 2087 6457