Applicants must be a registered pharmacist with the General Pharmaceutical Council of Great Britain or a country where there is a reciprocal agreement and must be employed as a pharmacist in an accredited hospital.
Months of entry
The MSc Clinical Pharmacy is a part-time distance learning course for pharmacists, run at 22 hospital sites in Wales and England. It integrates a traditional academic course with the student’s everyday role, with the aim of developing vital skills and knowledge to apply to their work.
The course offers an exceptionally wide variety of experiential learning, with a new area every three months for the first two years of the course. This allows you to gain a broad experience of pharmacy, under the guidance of a local practitioner, trained by the University to be your tutor.
The course has been developed by practitioners, and operating at 22 hospitals in four centres – three in Wales, one in England – provides the opportunity to compare practices in these regions and learn from each other.
The course offers knowledge and expertise required by a clinical pharmacist to input optimally into patient care.
- Offered at four centres around Wales and England
- Combines an academic course with your everyday role
- Flexibility enables you to complete at your own pace, between three and eight years
- Conducted mainly in your base hospital.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time36 months
- Distance learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions Team