A good quality honours degree or equivalent. Applications from candidates with relevant experience will be considered on an individual basis. Work experience is desirable but not essential.
English as a foreign language: IELTS 6.5 or equivalent.
Months of entry
This is a challenging, fast-paced and stimulating MBA course, designed to offer the industry-specific business and management skills you need to build a successful career in international fashion management.
This course offers a comprehensive understanding of the business of fashion, rather than teaching you to be a designer or producer, so that you can build a career in management or leadership. It focuses on the global and technological shifts which have characterised the industry in recent years; the management of fashion design and product development; and international fashion manufacturing and retailing strategies.
You may have recently completed your undergraduate degree, in fashion or any other discipline. Alternatively, you may have been working for some time and want to accelerate your career progression in fashion, or to make a move into fashion for the first time.
This course is helping to develop the next generation of fashion industry leaders, combining the highest-quality teaching and academic support with significant opportunities for exposure to people, brands and experiences in the fashion industries.
Studying in the centre of London offers countless opportunities to immerse yourself in everything from street markets and pop-up stores to luxury brands, surrounded by world-famous designer brands as well as names to watch.
You’ll have many opportunities for experiences, from visiting iconic museums like the V&A to thrilling shows like London Fashion Week and even overseas visits to Paris or Copenhagen, for example. London offers exciting trade events such as Pure London, Scoop and No Jacket Required. You’ll be surrounded by evidence of every aspect of the fashion industry, including ateliers, photographers, model agencies, stylists and glossy magazines.
Students who pass two specific modules can be awarded the CMI Level 7 Certificate in Strategic Management and Leadership, providing they register as a CMI member and pay the membership fees. With over 100,000 members, the CMI is internationally recognised as the professional body which sets the standards in management.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
The MBA International Fashion Management addresses the needs of a new generation of fashion industry managers by providing a challenging and stimulating course that combines the highest quality of teaching and academic support, with direct inputs from the fashion industry.
The learning and assessment of the MBA International Fashion Management reflect an action learning approach and is focused upon team work, business simulations and real-world projects, all of which are underpinned by analysis and synthesis.
All MBA students study five core management modules, four mandatory modules and an internship or project.
- Advanced Business practice
- sustainable strategy – from planning to implementation
- leading in a changing world
- finance, funding and legislative frameworks for success
- marketing in a global age
- fashion buying and merchandise management in a changing global industry
- trend prediction and fashion forecasting
- fashion design and product development
- project management, organisation internship or consulting project or dissertation
HOW WILL THIS COURSE BE TAUGHT?
- Each module is delivered weekly over a 10 week period. Each weekly delivery consists of a one hour Knowledgecast session, a one hour seminar session and a two hour group activity session;
- Students will be supported by a module coordinator and industry experts;
- Regular consultations during the final project;
- Peer interaction and collaboration via Coventry University’s online learning platform.
HOW WILL I BE ASSESSED?
- Through a mixture of seminar and workshop activities, debates, presentations and written assignments, individual and group programme work.
- With all of our assessments our aim is to encourage students to be in a position to demonstrate subject knowledge and develop professional skills such as professional report writing, structuring a logical argument, analysing data or making a compelling presentation.
Information for international students
+44 (0) 24 7765 2152
Click here for more information.