Applicants will normally hold an undergraduate degree in any subject with a minimum pass of 2:2, or equivalent overseas qualification, or an equivalent professional qualification.
Applicants who have achieved an average of 50% in credit bearing modules on DMU's Graduate Certificate in International Business (GCIB) are guaranteed a place on the MSc International Business and Management programme. For applicants who have an average of 40 - 49%, entry to the programme is subject to a satisfactory interview with the programme leader.
Months of entry
This course will enhance your understanding of core business knowledge and develop your ability to identify and manage important issues relevant to international businesses.
You will learn to critically examine international businesses, gain an understanding of why and how firms go international, and learn to create successful strategies for international expansion for companies through modules such as International Business Strategy as well as Operations and Supply Chain Management.
Further modules, such as Leadership and Change Management and Critical Management and Organisation Studies, will deepen your understanding of key topics and themes within management, especially in the context of an uncertain and increasingly globalised world of international business.
We want to ensure you have the best learning experience possible and a supportive and nurturing learning community. That’s why we’re introducing a new block model for delivering the majority of our courses, known as Education 2030. This means a more simplified timetable where you will study one subject at a time instead of several at once. You will have more time to engage with your learning and get to know the teaching team and course mates. You will receive faster feedback through more regular assessment, and have a better study-life balance to enjoy other important aspects of university life.
- Benefit from guest lectures, bringing new dimensions and insights to your learning.
- Take advantage of international experience and volunteering opportunities, which could add an extra dimension to your studies and enhance your employability, through our DMU Local and DMU Global programmes.
- The diverse nature of the school means you will experience and benefit from a truly international learning environment.
- You will be able to benefit from the new Student Advice Centre (SAC) with appointment/private meeting rooms, allowing you to discuss any queries you may have in a more confidential nature.
- Take advantage of access to the Innovation Centre and its free informative events, business surgeries and networking sessions for all entrepreneurial students interested in innovation or wanting to start their own business.
- Benefit from Education 2030, where a simplified ‘block learning’ timetable means you will study one subject at a time and have more time to engage with your learning, receive faster feedback and enjoy a better study-life balance.
Information for international students
If English is not your first language an IELTS score of 6.0 overall with 5.5 in each band (or equivalent) when you start the course is essential.
English Language tuition, delivered by our British Council-accredited Centre for English Language Learning, is available both before and throughout the course if you need it.
Fees and funding
Find our more about funding here.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 - 18 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
This innovative programme is aimed at graduates and professionals looking to give themselves a competitive edge in today's international job market.
Course contact details
- Enquiries Team
- +44 (0) 116 250 6070