You should have the equivalent or above of a 2:2 UK bachelor’s honours degree in a relevant subject, for example fashion, design or business.
If you have other professional qualifications and industry experience, we will consider your application on an individual basis.
Months of entry
This course is ideal for graduates with a fashion, textiles or business degree who aspire to a fulfilling career as a leader where you can set the pace and direction within this broad and competitive sector. Our programme aims to equip you with the specialist skills and real-world expertise you need to confidently offer creative solutions to industry challenges.
Learn key strategies for fashion marketing and gain a thorough understanding of integrated brand management by exploring sensory, emotional and spiritual branding. You will advance your understanding of how products are developed to commercial quality standards from concept to production by focusing on sourcing approaches, critical path management and customer analysis.
Examine the impact of ethical and environmental considerations on designed products, garment production and business ideology and develop your own critical position on the major sustainability issues facing the sector.
Our teaching experts are at the forefront of commercial and research activities, ensuring latest practice informs the curriculum and that your work is responding to contemporary industry issues. Your learning will culminate in a major project that allows you to contextualise your studies and support your career aspirations.
- Develop a technical understanding of the fashion industry, combined with a solid foundation of management principles and customer marketing
- Benefit from the expertise of our highly experienced academics and valuable insights of guest lectures from leading professionals in the sector
- Undertake a work-based project in a real-world setting to develop your chosen specialism, while putting your skills into practice at a professional level
- Take an optional year-long work placement to gain essential practical experience to set you apart from the crowd in this competitive sector
- Join our close-knit interdisciplinary community which fosters a supportive learning environment for students from around the world
- The award-winning Vijay Patel Building provides both the space and the facilities to foster creative thinking, where ideas can develop and flourish for all of our art and design students.
Information for international students
If English is not your first language an IELTS score of 6.0 overall with 5.5 in each band, or equivalent when you start the course is essential. English Language tuition, delivered by our British Council-accredited Centre for English Language Learning, is available both before and throughout the course if you need it.
Fees and funding
Please visit our website for more information about course fees and available funding.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- De Montfort University
- +44 (0)116 2 50 60 70