You will need:
- a good second class honours degree in any relevant discipline
- IDM and CAM qualifications will be considered alongside relevant industry experience
- Exceptionally, the requirements of a second class honours degree may be waived where applicants have a minimum of five years' experience working in a marketing-related area
- IELTS 6.0 (minimum 5.5 in each component)
- Pearson PTE Academic 64 (minimum 59 in each component for UKVI purposes)
- RPL is accepted on this programme
- International students applying to study a full-time taught Masters, MRes, MPhil or PhD at LJMU should check if they require an Academic Technology Approval Scheme or ATAS certificate. Contact International Admissions Team for more details
- International students entering on a Student visa cannot study part-time
If you have any specific requirements, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Months of entry
This Advanced Practice course will provide you with the knowledge and skills to reach digital audiences, whilst also enabling you to gain practical experience.
- Learn from staff with strong links to professional bodies
- Undertake a group consultancy project
- Benefit from course content which is of a professional standard relevant to potential marketeers
- Study in a dynamic business school, located in the city of Liverpool
Informed by current industry best practice, this masters-level degree is aimed at graduates interested in pursuing a career in digital marketing, and professionals who may already be in a marketing role and would like to diversify into the digital arena.
As the digital economy continues to grow, businesses need to develop a multi-channel digital presence to reach customers.
The programme is designed to meet industry demands by equipping the next generation of digital marketing professionals with the knowledge and practical skills to produce cutting-edge creative strategies and develop, manage and lead a digital marketing campaign.
It enables students to develop key skills in areas such as website development, social media management, content marketing, web analytics, user journey analysis, the effects of multi-screen usage, SEO and mobile integration.
Initially you will explore digital marketing principles and practices, emerging technologies and consumer behaviour in the digital age. You will develop a good understanding both of traditional marketing and of new ways of working in a digital environment, making the programme relevant to those who have studied marketing and those who are from technology backgrounds.
In the first year you will complete the taught (classroom) components of the course. During the second year of the course, you and your fellow students will undertake a semester-long group consultancy project. This allows you to apply the theoretical knowledge gained in your previous year to a project brief provided by a business.
Liverpool Business School at Liverpool John Moores University is a member of AACSB International – The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
AACSB International is a global association of leaders in education and business dedicated to supporting and advancing quality business education worldwide. Through membership, accreditation, research, thought leadership, professional development, and advocacy, AACSB partners with over 1,500 organizations, from more than 90 countries globally. Membership or participation in the Global Education Alliance does not imply accreditation.
Information for international students
Please note: All international qualifications are subject to a qualification equivalency check via NARIC.
Contact LJMU's International Admissions Team for guidance on visa information. Further information is also available from our international web pages.
Fees and funding
Please see the course page for more information.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Faculty of Business and Law