You will need:
- to be employed as a psychological wellbeing practitioner trainee within a primary care setting
- an honours degree (minimum 2:2) or equivalent in a health or social care-related subject from a recognised institution
- an approved and relevant postgraduate qualification (minimum Postgraduate Diploma or equivalent - 120 credits at Masters Level)
- evidence of previous advanced study, research or professional experience, which the University accepts as qualifying the candidate for entry
- All students are required to undertake a joint academic and service interview beforehand
- If you have any specific queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Months of entry
Meet NICE guidelines for supporting those with depression and anxiety disorders on LJMU's Improving Access to Psychological Therapies in Primary Care course.
- Study to meet National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE) guidelines for supporting people suffering from depression and anxiety disorders
- Follow a curriculum which combines theoretical learning and practical experience and is strongly influenced by student feedback
- Enjoy exceptional levels of learner support
- Benefit from excellent training facilities and strong links with local service providers
This course helps Primary Care Trusts to implement National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE) guidelines for people suffering from depression and anxiety disorders. It trains Low Intensity workers to assess and support patients in the self-management of their recovery.
With common mental health problems accounting for a third of all primary care consultations in the UK, this training not only reduces the impact on individuals, families and communities but also on key resources.
Information for international students
Please note: All international qualifications are subject to a qualification equivalency check via NARIC.
Fees and funding
Please see the course page for more information.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- 0151 231 5090