- a minimum 2:2 honours degree in an engineering discipline
- an equivalent professional qualification with relevant work experience
- IELTS English language requirement: 6.0 (minimum 5.5 in each component)
- RPL is accepted on this programme
Months of entry
LJMU provides training, education and research to the maritime sector. This Port Management MSc reflects almost 125 years of experience and excellence in the sector.
- Study at one of the UK’s leading Maritime higher education providers
- Follow a curriculum informed by world-leading research plus links with the regional Mersey Maritime cluster, and the UK-wide maritime industry
- After graduating, enjoy exemptions from the Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers chartered membership examinations
- Access an international centre of excellence in maritime education, professional training and applied research
Developed and delivered by our highly qualified and respected academic team, the programme combines specialist knowledge with relevant industrial experience. This combination of academic and professional expertise, as well as our well-established links with the industry, will help to ensure that you are well prepared to meet the opportunities and challenges of this expanding sector.
The programme provides you with a rounded view of the management of ports and port terminals and the wider logistics industry. As part of the programme you gain the tools to be an effective project manager of port operations. The curriculum will cover container and bulk port operations, and you will learn to analyse how national and international governance affect a port’s management. You will also have the option to study law, and risk and asset management and broaden your experience with employer visits and lectures from guest speakers.
Information for international students
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- 0151 231 5090