- A master's degree in the area of business and/or management
- At least two years of managerial or five years of other working experience
In order to make an application to the programme you need to provide the following documents via the online application:
- Master's certificate and transcript in the area of business and/or management – these must be official English translations
- Evidence of at least two years of managerial or five years of other working experience – this can be e.g. a confirmation by your current employer or a reference letter from a former employer
- An academic reference, which recommends you for the programme – this can be e.g. from your master's institution
- An industry reference, which recommends you for the programme – this can be e.g. from your employer, from a client and/or professional body
- Personal statement (max. 2,000 words) – this is not a full research proposal, but should address why you would like to do a DBA, why you think you are suitable for the programme and what you expect from the DBA. You should furthermore provide a brief outline of your research topic and its contribution to theory and practice. Please don't forget to indicate to which topic/member of staff your research outline corresponds.
- The application is screened to ensure the candidate meets the entry requirements and has submitted all their supporting documents.
- If the candidate meets the minimum entry requirements and all documents have been received, the application is passed to the appropriate academics within the School for consideration and to identify a suitable supervisory team.
- The DBA Team and/or an appropriate academic member of staff will interview the applicant and make a decision following the interview. For applicants in the UK, they are invited to attend the interview in person at Liverpool Business School. For applicants based elsewhere, the interview will normally take place by telephone, Skype or Adobe Connect.
The deadline for applications for the January 2019 intake is 15 November 2018. Should you have any queries regarding the entry criteria or documents required, please contact the Faculty Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Months of entry
- Equivalent to a PhD, the DBA is ideal for those who would like a doctoral level qualification whilst remaining in their chosen professional career
- Focus on situational issues from your own workplace, whilst continuing your employment
- Enhance not only your ability to develop new knowledge, but also the ability to apply that knowledge to a professional context
- Gain the necessary skills to carry out rigorous research
- Carry out individual projects that impact on your organisation and industry
- Undertake your research amongst a carefully-selected, highly diverse group of professionals, drawn from a wide range of nationalities, industries, cultures and backgrounds
- Develop your skills and meet your supervisors at a number of residential workshops in Liverpool
Information for international students
Fees and funding
Please see the course page for more information.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time48 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- 0151 231 5090