- a minimum 2:2 honours degree in Biological Sciences
- alternative qualifications, coupled with a significant period of relevant work experience
- RPL is accepted on this course
- IELTS 6.5 (minimum of 5.5 in each component)
- If you have applied to study a full-time taught Masters, MRes, MPhil or PhD at LJMU, you should check if you require an Academic Technology Approval Scheme or ATAS certificate. Contact LJMU’s International Admissions Team for guidance
Months of entry
LJMU's MSc in Industrial Biotechnology develops the skills and knowledge required for a career in this rapidly expanding field.
- Unique in the North West, this course prepare to work in biotechnology (one of the world's top five growth industries) and other related areas
- Study on a course developed and delivered by leading researchers and industry experts
- Enhance your theoretical knowledge and gain hands-on laboratory experience
- Benefit from strong links with industry and the potential to complete an industrial-based research project
Developed to plug a skills gap identified by the Liverpool Enterprise Partnership and associated multi-national businesses, this programme balances theoretical learning and practical skills.
At the beginning of your course you will be allocated a personal tutor who will provide you with pastoral and academic support.
Further academic support is provided via embedded tutorials in the Research Methods module. During your independent research project, you will be appointed a LJMU-based Supervisor as well as an industrial supervisor if you are carrying out your project externally.
Information for international students
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- 0151 231 5090