- a good honours degree in Psychology conferring Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership from the British Psychological Society; and
- a BPS Accredited MSc in Sport and Exercise Psychology, normally at merit level or higher (we offer a BPS accredited Sport Psychology Masters at LJMU)
- The Professional Doctorate in Sport and Exercise Psychology is not eligible for the LJMU Alumni Award if the 20% discount has already been used for an alternative LJMU programme
- RPL is accepted on this programme.
- a suitable pre-determined placement or work related learning opportunities (paid or voluntary)
- IELTS score of 7.0 (minimum 6.5 in each component)
- International students who have applied to study a full-time taught Masters, MRes, MPhil or PhD at LJMU, you should check if you require an Academic Technology Approval Scheme or ATAS certificate. Please contact LJMU’s International Admissions Team for further details
Months of entry
The programme is designed to meet BPS Stage 2 requirements in Sport and Exercise Psychology and eligibility for HCPC registration.
- Benefit from quality teaching and supervision provided by experienced sport and exercise psychologists
- Study on a course underpinned by high-grade research and practice, designed to meet BPS Stage 2 training requirements in Sport and Exercise Psychology and eligibility for registration as a Sport and Exercise Psychologist with the HCPC
- Enjoy the world-class facilities in the award-winning Tom Reilly Building
- Look forward to enhanced career opportunities in Sport and Exercise Psychology professional practice and promotion, as well as education, teaching and research
The programme is underpinned by a strong focus on equipping future Sport and Exercise Psychologists with the competencies required to work in a range of professional practice scenarios. You will work closely with academic staff who are leaders in their research field and experts in training. In keeping with the nationally agreed curriculum competences for Sport and Exercise Psychologists, you will develop your professional skills in teaching and training (education and dissemination), ethics and professional standards, research and consultancy through your own work-based learning experiences, taught sessions on the programme and extensive supervision.
Information for international students
Fees and funding
Please see the course page for more information.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time36 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- 0151 231 5090