- 2:1 honours degree in a related area (2:2 honours degree considered where applicants can demonstrate extensive experience)
- at least three years’ coaching experience
- RPL is accepted on this programme
- IELTS 6.5 (minimum 5.5 in each component)
Months of entry
This unique masters, which is largely delivered online, has been designed to develop research-informed sport coaches.
MSc Sport Coaching provides knowledge from the forefront of coaching research. The course is ideal for aspiring and established coaches looking to develop their practice.
- Study on this MSc Sport Coaching which is informed by the latest research and best practice in sport coaching from LJMU’s School of Sport and Exercise Sciences
- Benefit from the flexibility of both online and face-to-face teaching, through a blended timetable of online pre-prepared lessons, online live sessions and face-to-face workshops on campus
- Continue working as a coach in your own context, alongside studying the course
- Excellent vocational opportunities for work-related learning in your own coaching context or through one of LJMU’s sporting partners
- Includes personalised assignments so you can apply knowledge to your own coaching practice on topics including: sport psychology, pedagogy, training programmes, performance analysis and talent development
- Learn with a cohort of high-performing coaches and network of LJMU staff, alumni and contacts across the world of sport
The MSc International Sport Coaching is designed to allow you to explore a range of topics, including athlete learning, talent development processes, physical and psychological training programmes, performance analysis and social relationships in coaching. While you study, you will have the opportunity to work on your own career development with support from LJMU’s tutors and leading guest lectures from the field of sport coaching. You will also conduct a research project on a topic of your choice, supervised by LJMU staff
Information for international students
Please note: All international qualifications are subject to a qualification equivalency check via NARIC.
Further information is also available from our international web pages.
Fees and funding
Please see the course page for more information.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- 0151 231 5090