Entry requirementsYou will need:
- a minimum 2:1 honours degree in sport science or a related discipline
- the desire to pursue a career in strength and conditioning
- IELTS 6.5 (minimum 5.5 in each component)
- Pearson 58-64 (Min 51 in each component for UKBA Purposes)
- International students applying to study a full-time taught Masters, MRes, MPhil or PhD at LJMU should check if they require an Academic Technology Approval Scheme or ATAS certificate
- International students entering on a Tier 4 visa cannot study part-time
- RPL will NOT be accepted on this programme
If you have any specific queries, please contact email@example.com
Months of entry
Course contentLJMU's MSc in Strength and Conditioning produces world-class, research-informed practitioners who have the option to pursue a career in research.
- Study on a course delivered by world-leading researchers and applied practitioners in LJMU’s pioneering School of Sport and Exercise Sciences
- Access state-of-the-art strength and conditioning facilities – including physiology, biomechanics and molecular biology labs and the newly refurbished, high performance gym
- Look forward to career opportunities as an Applied Practitioner in strength and conditioning, teaching and lecturing and in doctoral research programmes
- Benefit from an applied strength and conditioning placement at a top-class sporting institution, such as clubs within the English Premier League/Championship/Women’s Super League Football, Rugby League Super League/Championship, British Basketball League, Premiership/Championship Rugby Union, the Lawn Tennis Association, the English Institute of Sport, Sportscotland Institute of Sport and National Collegiate Athletic Association Universities
This Strength and Conditioning Masters is ideal for individuals who currently hold an undergraduate degree in sports science, strength and conditioning or a related topic, and want to advance their knowledge, research skills and expertise in strength and conditioning.
The programme opens up a world of scientific innovation, research and the related application of specially designed strength and conditioning support that can help sportsmen and women to achieve their goals.
You will learn to make decisions in complex and unpredictable situations and you will ultimately contribute to the essential support framework demanded by the sport industry for success.
The course is built on a solid structure of research skills, applied methodologies and the latest research in physiology, biomechanics and coaching science, all of which are essential to become a Strength and Conditioning Practitioner.
You will develop essential skills in communicating and implementing your recommendations for clients, as well as specialist and non-specialist audiences.
Information for international students
Fees and funding
Please see the course page for more information.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- 0151 231 5090