- a minimum 2:1 honours degree in sport science or a related discipline
- the desire to pursue a career in strength and conditioning
- IELTS 6.5 (minimum 5.5 in each component)
- International students applying to study a full-time taught Masters, MRes, MPhil or PhD at LJMU should check if they require an Academic Technology Approval Scheme or ATAS certificate
- International students entering on a Tier 4 visa cannot study part-time
- RPL will NOT be accepted on this programme
Months of entry
- Study on a course delivered by world-leading researchers and applied practitioners in LJMU’s pioneering School of Sport and Exercise Sciences
- Access state-of-the-art strength and conditioning facilities – including physiology, biomechanics and molecular biology labs and the newly refurbished, high performance gym
- Look forward to career opportunities as an Applied Practitioner in strength and conditioning, teaching and lecturing and in doctoral research programmes
- Benefit from an applied strength and conditioning placement at a top-class sporting institution, such as clubs within the English Premier League/Championship/Women’s Super League Football, Rugby League Super League/Championship, British Basketball League, Premiership/Championship Rugby Union, the Lawn Tennis Association, the English Institute of Sport, Sportscotland Institute of Sport and National Collegiate Athletic Association Universities
This course is currently undergoing its scheduled programme review, which may impact the advertised modules. Programme review is a standard part of the University’s approach to quality assurance and enhancement, enabling us to ensure that our courses remain up to date and maintain their high standard and relevancy.
Once the review is completed, this course website page will be updated to reflect any approved changes to the advertised course. These approved changes will also be communicated to those who apply for the course to ensure they wish to proceed with their application.
Information for international students
Fees and funding
Please see the course page for more information.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- 0151 231 5090