Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
You’ll need a good UK honours degree – minimum 2:1 – or the international equivalent. We’ll also welcome applications from students who have significant experience of entrepreneurship theory or practice plus a 2:2, or the international equivalent.
In addition, proficiency in English will be required to at least IELTS 6.5 overall, with no less than 5.5 in any component.
Months of entry
From Amazon to Uber, every great business started as a small seed of an idea. The ones that make it are those that understand their market and have strong strategies to grow and adapt.
On this course, learning that knowledge from the beginning will get you ahead of the competition. Whether you’ve just started a business (or plan to), are working in a small start-up, or want to apply entrepreneurship principles to a career elsewhere, this course gives you the skills to maximise your chances of success.
A real career journey
You’ll begin with idea generation and business planning. Then move on to strategy – including marketing and finance. Plus, learn how to scale up in areas like human resources and law. Finally, work on a live business project and pitch your idea to investors before writing up what you’ve learned in the research project.
Every step of the way you’ll learn practical skills you can put to use in your own business.
Food for thought
While the practical skills are vital, you’ll also learn about management systems and analyse organisations’ socio-political environments. By putting your work into context, we believe you’ll be a much more effective entrepreneur when you graduate.
Topics like ethics and globalisation are relevant to any business. With our expert research and teaching staff, and visiting professional, you’ll hear about the latest industry trends as they’re happening.
Features and Benefits
- Real business experience – learn to manage a business, market yourself at trade stands and pitch your ideas to investors.
- Triple crown - study in a Business School that has prestigious triple accreditation from EQUIS, AACSB and AMBA.
- Accessible – you don’t need any prior business experience – we’ll cover all the basics at the beginning of the course.
- Build your network – you will have the opportunity to network and learn from our 80+ business based at our Innospace incubator.
- A city of opportunities – with global organisations, and innovative start-ups, Manchester offers a wealth of opportunities.Use our connections with employers to enhance your studies and professional network.
- Postgraduate internships – develop business relationships and hone your management skills on an optional short-term internship in addition to your studies. The course also offers the option to undertake an additional 36-48 week internship as part of your course, after you have completed your taught units.
- Taught by experts – learn from academics with experience working in industry and undertaking cutting-edge research into their field.
Information for international students
International students please visit our website for more information.
Fees and funding
Funding information available, please visit our website.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Further details of qualification
This course includes a 36-48 week internship option.
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- +44 (0)161 247 6969