You’ll need a UK honours degree – at least a 2:2 – or the international equivalent. We’ll also welcome applications from students who have significant experience of entrepreneurship theory or practice, or the international equivalent.
In addition, proficiency in English will be required to at least IELTS 6.5 overall, with no less than 5.5 in any component.
Months of entry
Every great business starts as a small seed of an idea. The ones that make it are those that understand their market and have strong strategies to grow and adapt. On this course, learning that knowledge from the beginning will get you ahead of the competition. Whether you’ve just started a business (or plan to), are working in a small start-up, or want to apply entrepreneurship principles to a career elsewhere, this course gives you the skills to maximise your chances of success.
A real career journey
We’ll help you to develop your capabilities as an entrepreneur. You’ll explore the requirements of effective business planning and the vital role of marketing and logistics, learning how to critique entrepreneurship theory and gaining practical experience on a live project where you can begin trading.
Your studies will include a research project, where you can choose to focus on either your own start-up or a market of interest. Every step of the way you’ll learn practical skills you can put to use in your own business.
Food for thought
While the practical skills are vital, you’ll also learn about management systems and analyse organisations’ socio-political environments. By putting your work into context, we believe you’ll be a much more effective entrepreneur when you graduate.
Topics like ethics and globalisation are relevant to any business. With our expert research and teaching staff, and visiting professionals, you’ll hear about the latest industry trends as they’re happening.
Features and Benefits
- Real business experience – learn to manage a business, market yourself at trade stands and pitch your ideas to investors.
- Triple accredited – our Business School holds the globally recognised trio of accreditations from EQUIS, AACSB and AMBA, placing us among the best business schools in the world.
- Accessible – you don’t need any prior business experience – we’ll cover all the basics at the beginning of the course.
- Rise programme – all students are eligible to take part in curricular activities with Rise. These might include volunteering, project work and certifications. Find out more
- Build your network – you will have the opportunity to network and learn from our 80+ businesses based at our Innospace incubator.
- Optional internship year – develop business relationships and hone your management skills with an additional 36-48 week internship, taken as part of your course once you have completed your taught units.
- A city of opportunities – with global organisations, and innovative start-ups, Manchester offers a wealth of opportunities. Use our connections with employers to enhance your studies and professional network.
- Taught by experts – learn from academics with experience working in industry and undertaking cutting-edge research into their field.
Information for international students
International students please visit our website for more information.
Fees and funding
Funding information available, please visit our website.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
This course includes a 36-48 week internship option.
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- +44 (0)161 247 6969